Garlic chicken breasts are a quick and easy meal that can be adjusted depending on how much you love garlic.
This recipe calls for sauteing the chicken breasts, which is a great way to get the most out of garlic as far as taste and health benefits.
Baked dishes neutralize most of garlic’s health benefits but lightly sauteing the garlic as in this recipe keeps the allicin intact.
You can use garlic powder in pinch but garlic chicken breasts are best if you mince fresh garlic, alternating between mincing and crushing with the flat of your knife.
You’ll end up with a paste that’s easy to spread on the chicken breasts before sauteing — far more delicious and healthier than just plain garlic powder.
Garlic Chicken Breasts
Ingredients for 4 servings
2 tablespoons of butter
|Prep time: 5 minutes|
|Cooking time: 20 minutes|
Garlic Chicken Breasts Cooking Directions:
1. Mince garlic, alternating between mincing and crushing with the flat of your knife until it is finely minced and very sticky.
2. Add pepper and sea salt to garlic and mince and crush a few more times, mixing evenly.
3. Spread garlic, sea salt, and pepper evenly over one side of chicken breasts. Use approximately half of your garlic mixture as you’ll be covering the other half of the chicken breasts while sauteing.
4. Turn your stove to medium heat and melt butter in a large skillet and add chicken breasts, with the garlic side down so it begins cooking first.
5. As chicken breasts are cooking spread the remaining garlic mixture on the exposed, uncooked side that hasn’t yet been spread with garlic.
6. Saute each side for about ten minutes, turning once, until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.