Garlic pasta with shrimp can be a nice change of pace from other pasta dishes with heavier sauces.
The stripped down nature of this dish — shrimp, garlic, pasta, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese — makes it a breeze to prep and cook.
This garlic pasta with shrimp recipe caters to the garlic lover, as mincing the garlic and leaving it in with the shrimp amps up the flavor and presence of the garlic.
If you’d prefer a more subtle hint of garlic, slice the garlic instead of mincing it and remove the garlic slices from the shrimp after cooking them.
Garlic pasta with shrimp is perfect for a quick summer dinner when garlic is fresh and you don’t feel like spending hours in the kitchen slaving away at the stove.
Garlic Pasta with Shrimp
Ingredients for 2 servings
8 oz. of your favorite pasta
|Prep time: 5 minutes|
|Cooking time: 15 minutes|
Garlic Pasta with Shrimp Cooking Directions:
1. Boil a pot of lightly salted water for the pasta. Cooking time will depend on your pasta and preferences; 8-10 minutes is pretty typical. Drain the pasta and put back in the pot.
2. As the pasta is cooking, finely mince your garlic. The finer the mince, the more flavorful the garlic.
3. Once your garlic is minced, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp, cooking about 4-5 minutes for each side.
4. As shrimp is finishing, add your garlic. Stir frequently and cook garlic for 2-3 minutes. Remove garlic and shrimp from skillet.
5. Pour the remaining olive oil over pasta and toss until pasta is evenly covered. Add Parmesan and stir, saving back a bit of Parmesan for topping at the end.
6. Serve with shrimp and garlic on top of pasta, with remaining Parmesan sprinkled on top. Add rosemary, salt, and pepper to taste.